Applicable for version 5.3. Learn to use Axon inventories to define, document, and explore key organizational business structures for data governance. Through manual creation and bulk upload of content, learn how to define business glossaries, maintain systems, datasets, and attribute information, as well as, leverage insight maps to visualize and expose impacts, dependencies, duplication, and fragmentation.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
Discuss data governance initiatives.
Identify where and how Axon can be used in their company’s data governance initiative.
Navigate the Axon user interface.
Identify and describe key inventories that are required in projects.
Perform complex searches across multiple inventories.
Review, search and investigate a pre-populated Axon instance.
Discuss the use of permissions in Axon.
Manually create objects in Axon.
Perform bulk upload of objects using the preconfigured Templates available.
Edit objects, including defining descriptions, stakeholders and impact.
Define system and data lineage.
Find and use Axon maps.
Link Axon Systems and Attributes to EDC Resources and Fields.
Define projects, policies and processes.
Design and create custom workflows.
Raise and follow through on change requests
Review Secure@Source Privacy Dashboards.
Use Axon to display Data Quality Scores across key enterprise elements.
Use Axon from a project perspective.
Module 1: Axons Data Governance Methodology
· Next Generation Data Governance
· Must Dos for Data Governance Success
· Principles for an Axon Implementation
· Getting Started
· Object order definition
Module 2: Introduction to Axon
· What is Axon?
· Navigating Axon
· Axon Grids
· Unison Searches
· Maps, Dashboard, My Items, Create, Notifications, User Information and Help menus
· Quick Search
· Objects and Properties
Module 3: Getting Started
· User Permissions and effects
· Manual creation of objects
· Bulk upload of objects
· Project Overview
· Defining Projects
· Project Connections
Module 4: The Glossary
· Glossary Overview
· Glossary definition best practices
· Manual creation of glossary items
· Bulk upload creation of glossary items
Module 5: Systems, Datasets, Interfaces & Lineage
· Lineage Overview
· System and Data Lineage
· System Interfaces
· Manual definition of system interfaces
· Attribute linking
· Manually linking attributes
· Bulk upload for attribute lineage
· Object association
Module 6: Insight and Local Maps
· Axon Maps
· Insight and Local Maps
· Map Scoping
· Map Palette
· Map Overlays
Module 7: Integrating with EDC
• Integration Overview
• Linking EDC Resources to existing/new Axon Systems
• Linking EDC Fields to existing/new Axon Attributes
• Lineage Recommendations
Module 8: Policies
• Policy Overview
• Manual creation of policies
• Creating child/sub policies
• Bulk upload of policies
• Policy Search